Rancho Santa Fe Covenant Community
The community of Rancho Santa Fe was first established in 1928, and is commonly referred to as the “Covenant” by local residents. But the name the “Covenant” actually came about because of how the community was created. At that time, a group of property owners entered into a mutual agreement to preserve and maintain the character of the community and its rare landscape features, and to uphold the quality of future architecture. This mutual agreement came to be known simply as the Covenant and now refers not only to the principal governing document, but also to the community itself. Today, the Covenant of Rancho Santa Fe encompasses approximately ten square miles or approximately 6,730 acres, and is home to around 5,000 residents. Near the center of the Covenant area is the Village of Rancho Santa Fe, with shops, restaurants, other commercial businesses and the historic Rancho Santa Fe Inn. Spanning approximately 12 square miles, the Covenant is one of the oldest and most sought after communities in Rancho Santa Fe. Homes in this area are some of the most expensive in the United States, and can range anywhere from around $1,000,000 to more than $20,000,000. The Rancho Santa Fe Association oversees the Covenant to ensure the historical landmarks, nature, and landscaping are all preserved.
Close proximity to the ocean (roughly 4 to 6 miles)
Close proximity to village with a library, post office, banking, and other local businesses
Social membership to Rancho Santa Fe Country Club
Access to golf membership at Rancho Santa Fe Country Club
50 miles of horse trails
Accessibility to top-rated schools